Monday, June 29, 2009

A new list maker in the house....

Natalie has decided she needs to go ahead and pack for a trip we are taking. I explain to her that we have several days to pack and she has plenty of time. Then she tries to debate me on how many days we have until we leave - do you count today or the day of travel. We finally agreed to just leave it at we have a few days to get ready and she should make a list of things she wants to take with her. BIG, HUGE mistake on my part and I don't know how to backpeddle my way out of it. I had to confiscate her list so far that included 16 stuffed animals and a jacket incase she gets cold while she's inside. Don't ask me why, it's just something she would put on a list. We agreed she didn't need her jacket and I said that it was too many animals, that I would agree that she could take 5 small ones. She came back with she would take her 4 foot long polar bear off the list "if that would make you feel better mommy." I told her I'd ponder her list and we'd talk about it later. I have a feeling the list might meet a mysterious fate of some sort. All pencils and paper might have to go missing as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment