Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Why Oh Why????

Why is it that the morning you've woken up late and are running behind is the morning that your 1st grader decides to drive you INSANE!! First she took forever to pick out her breakfast, then she took her sweet time eating, then she wanted to change her clothes for school a couple of times, then she decided she had to brush her teeth like the dentist said - very thouroughly and for a minute on the top and a minute on the bottom (o.k. so this is a good thing, but it had to be this morning to start good practices!!) So now we're really behind and I realize lunch and snack hasn't been made. Of course she's not of the mind to buy her lunch to save me time, and of course she wants an orange with her lunch which requires peeling and cutting (I told her no.) Her next choice was grapes, which had to be pulled off the stem (and you can't leave parts of the stem in, heaven forbid the world comes to and end!) and they had to be washed. Again I told her no. So she got a box of raisins instead. I hope that makes her day. :-) Then she didn't like how tight her socks were, the second pair of socks had a metallic string in them for a decoration and it itched, with the third pair the seam bothered her toes. I fixed the seam and informed her she would wear that pair and like it!! Shoes go on and she complains that the loops of her laces were too big, so she decides she must twist them into some sort of elaborate knot in the middle of the dining room floor, she can't wait to do it in the car while we on the way to school. And of course in the middle of all this I had to get ready and get Hope and Taylor ready too. We finally get in the car and Taylor spits up everywhere, and I can't blame her, I would have too. I must agree with her opinion of the mornings events- she's such a smart baby. I hope you had a better morning. I need a moment, maybe all day to recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment